Thursday 1 December 2011

have you booked your space on the pavement?

Mervyn King! He of the blunt statement... on the news... o a storm is abrewin oright.

I have this nagging image of the middle class Greek sitting on a pavement with a neatly spread tablecloth flapping feebly in a soft breeze, and on the bright white lowdown cloth, an assortment of lovely things  - treasures if you will - jewellery, porcelain, things once happily-given now `portable property`. And as such, not worth much at all, set against the mortgage payments.
Not that I think I am middle class.
Those old divisions dont hold overly expensive water these days.
I am on a mission to gather myself up and in. Keep my powder dry. Draw in my horns. Whatever these sayings mean is what I am doing, I hope.

Jeremy Clarkson! He of the unwieldy braintomouth gear ratio... on the news ... to draw attention to his lack of inhibition is to embiggen (thanks Holly) his whatever status, which should be actually no larger, wider or higher than yours or mine ... What he says is neither particularly funny or vile - it`s just a bloke saying what comes into his head regardless, and for that I champion his unthoughtfulnessish folly. Come on, in a welter of (concocted) media inanity thrust upon us from all everywheres, is he such a criminal? I absolutley dont agree with his views - I am just glad he sticks
two fingers up at taste-policing.

No comments:

Post a Comment